cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Vadim Kimlaychuk <Vadim.Kimlayc...@Elion.ee>
Subject RE: Cloudstack 4.5.1: CloudStack-specific Tomcat servlet engine is not running, but pid file exists
Date Fri, 17 Apr 2015 09:50:44 GMT
Tere is something wrong with startup script under Ubuntu 14.04

1. There are 2 jsvc.exec processes running in memory
2. There is no cloudstack-management.pid file at /var/run
3. I can't stop process using /etc/init.d/cloudstack-management stop. It reports OK, but processes
are running.

Vadim.

-----Original Message-----
From: Vadim Kimlaychuk [mailto:Vadim.Kimlaychuk@Elion.ee]
Sent: Friday, April 17, 2015 10:50 AM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Cloudstack 4.5.1: CloudStack-specific Tomcat servlet engine is not running, but pid
file exists

Hello,

            I have a fresh setup of CS 4.5.1. After “cloudstack-setup-management”  I see
no CS instance running. I have only one log file : /var/log/cloudstack/management/setupManagement.log
with such error:

DEBUG:root:execute:touch /var/run/cloudstack-management.pid
DEBUG:root:execute:chown cloud.cloud /var/run/cloudstack-management.pid
DEBUG:root:execute:hostname --fqdn
DEBUG:root:execute:mkdir /var/log/cloudstack-management/ DEBUG:root:Failed to execute:mkdir:
cannot create directory ‘/var/log/cloudstack-management/’: File exists DEBUG:root:execute:sudo
/usr/sbin/service tomcat6 status DEBUG:root:Failed to execute: * Tomcat servlet engine is
not running.
DEBUG:root:execute:sudo /usr/sbin/service tomcat6 stop DEBUG:root:execute:sudo update-rc.d
-f tomcat6 remove DEBUG:root:execute:sudo /usr/sbin/service cloudstack-management status DEBUG:root:Failed
to execute: * CloudStack-specific Tomcat servlet engine is not running, but pid file exists.
DEBUG:root:execute:sudo /usr/sbin/service cloudstack-management stop DEBUG:root:execute:sudo
update-rc.d -f cloudstack-management remove DEBUG:root:execute:sudo update-rc.d -f cloudstack-management
defaults DEBUG:root:execute:sudo /usr/sbin/service cloudstack-management status DEBUG:root:Failed
to execute: * CloudStack-specific Tomcat servlet engine is not running, but pid file exists.
DEBUG:root:execute:sudo /usr/sbin/service cloudstack-management start

            Tomcat process is not running.  CS protsesses after exection are running:

2107 ?        Ss     0:00 jsvc.exec -user cloud -cp /usr/share/java/commons-daemon.jar:/usr/share/cloudstack-management/bin/bootstrap.jar:/etc/cloudstack/management:/usr/share/cl
2108 ?        S      0:00 jsvc.exec -user cloud -cp /usr/share/java/commons-daemon.jar:/usr/share/cloudstack-management/bin/bootstrap.jar:/etc/cloudstack/management:/usr/share/cl

            but port 8080 is closed and no pid file at /var/run folder. No tomcat pid either.

Please, help

Vadim Kimlaychuk
integratsiooni arhitekt
tel. 640 2297