cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Vadim Kimlaychuk <Vadim.Kimlayc...@Elion.ee>
Subject Cloudstack 4.5.1: CloudStack-specific Tomcat servlet engine is not running, but pid file exists
Date Fri, 17 Apr 2015 07:49:46 GMT

Hello,

            I have a fresh setup of CS 4.5.1. After “cloudstack-setup-management”  I see
no CS instance running. I have only one log file : /var/log/cloudstack/management/setupManagement.log
with such error:

DEBUG:root:execute:touch /var/run/cloudstack-management.pid
DEBUG:root:execute:chown cloud.cloud /var/run/cloudstack-management.pid
DEBUG:root:execute:hostname --fqdn
DEBUG:root:execute:mkdir /var/log/cloudstack-management/
DEBUG:root:Failed to execute:mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/var/log/cloudstack-management/’:
File exists
DEBUG:root:execute:sudo /usr/sbin/service tomcat6 status
DEBUG:root:Failed to execute: * Tomcat servlet engine is not running.
DEBUG:root:execute:sudo /usr/sbin/service tomcat6 stop
DEBUG:root:execute:sudo update-rc.d -f tomcat6 remove
DEBUG:root:execute:sudo /usr/sbin/service cloudstack-management status
DEBUG:root:Failed to execute: * CloudStack-specific Tomcat servlet engine is not running,
but pid file exists.
DEBUG:root:execute:sudo /usr/sbin/service cloudstack-management stop
DEBUG:root:execute:sudo update-rc.d -f cloudstack-management remove
DEBUG:root:execute:sudo update-rc.d -f cloudstack-management defaults
DEBUG:root:execute:sudo /usr/sbin/service cloudstack-management status
DEBUG:root:Failed to execute: * CloudStack-specific Tomcat servlet engine is not running,
but pid file exists.
DEBUG:root:execute:sudo /usr/sbin/service cloudstack-management start

            Tomcat process is not running.  CS protsesses after exection are running:

2107 ?        Ss     0:00 jsvc.exec -user cloud -cp /usr/share/java/commons-daemon.jar:/usr/share/cloudstack-management/bin/bootstrap.jar:/etc/cloudstack/management:/usr/share/cl
2108 ?        S      0:00 jsvc.exec -user cloud -cp /usr/share/java/commons-daemon.jar:/usr/share/cloudstack-management/bin/bootstrap.jar:/etc/cloudstack/management:/usr/share/cl

            but port 8080 is closed and no pid file at /var/run folder. No tomcat pid either.

Please, help

Vadim Kimlaychuk
integratsiooni arhitekt
tel. 640 2297