cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Vadim Kimlaychuk <Vadim.Kimlayc...@Elion.ee>
Subject RE: XenServer 6.5
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2015 14:46:53 GMT
Hi,

	This is really scary. Can test within couple of days, but I will put 4.5.1 version as 4.5
is broken.  Memory snapshots are not available for the XenServer as far as I know, but they
just failed at CS before.  Host did crash definately.

Vadim.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jan-Arve Nygård [mailto:jan.arve.nygard@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 08, 2015 2:43 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: XenServer 6.5

Hi all,

We recently experienced a host crash on XenServer 6.5 (all available patches applied) when
running snapshot of the virtual machines disks and memory. Snapshots of disks only (not memory)
does not cause a XenServer crash. This happens both when initiating the snapshots from CloudStack
4.5 or directly from XenServer/Center.

We are able to reproduce this with Ubuntu 14.04.2 and xe-guest-utilities 6.5.0-1400, XenServer
6.5 with all available patches and FC as primary storage. We will continue to test with other
versions/combinations.

Could someone else with XenServer 6.5 please try a full snapshot of VM with disks and memory
to see if you experience the same? We have the crash dumps and will report this but it would
be useful with some more feedback.

Thanks,

-thinktwo