cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Vadim Kimlaychuk <Vadim.Kimlayc...@Elion.ee>
Subject RE: CS version to work with XenServer 6.5
Date Thu, 02 Apr 2015 08:13:30 GMT
Thank you, Rohit !

 I will report any problems if find. Extra test will not be excessive :)

BR,

Vadim.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rohit Yadav [mailto:rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2015 10:52 AM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: CS version to work with XenServer 6.5

Hi Vadim,

I think the 4.5.0 tag was never pushed due to some blocker that were found after 4.5.0 was
voted. I recommend you use the latest 4.5 branch which will be soon used to vote/release 4.5.1.
For systemvm templates, you can either get them from the Jenkins build you shared or from
http://packages.shapeblue.com/systemvmtemplate/4.5/ (though I’ll refresh the systemvmtemplate
once 4.5.1 gets released on our hosting server).

Hope this helps.

 What about system VM-s ? Are those, referenced to Jenkins build are OK?  Like : http://jenkins.buildacloud.org/view/4.5/job/build-systemvm-4.5/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/tools/appliance/dist/

> P.S. I couldn't find 4.5.* tags at github.  Does that mean tags are suspended for 4.5
branch ?

> Vadim.

so building from source should get you the latest code Base.

> Regards
>
> Geoff Higginbottom
> CTO / Cloud Architect
>
> D: +44 20 3603 0542<tel:+442036030542> | S: +44 20 3603 0540<tel:+442036030540>
| M: +447968161581<tel:+447968161581>
>
> geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com<mailto:geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com> | www.shapeblue.com<htp://www.shapeblue.com/>
| Twitter:@cloudstackguru<https://twitter.com/#!/cloudstackguru>
>
> ShapeBlue Ltd, 53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden, London, WC2N 4HS<x-apple-data-detectors://5>
>

> On 2 Apr 2015, at 07:12, Vadim Kimlaychuk <Vadim.Kimlaychuk@Elion.ee<mailto:Vadim.Kimlaychuk@Elion.ee>>
wrote:

> Dear friends,
>
>           Need your advice. I am going to deploy cloudstack to work with XenServer 6.5
+ Advanced Zone + VPC.  What is correct version to choose ? To be more precise - is it better
to compile from the sources 4.5.1 or install 4.4.2 that is officially announced ? Or something
else (clone master, clone + patch, etc.)? I am not afraid of manual work to be done, but rather
expect that release have support for XS6.5 and VPC is working.

>           Sorry for my impatience.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Vadim

> CSForge - rapid IaaS deployment framework<http://shapeblue.com/csforge/>