cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "Makrand P. Sanap" <Makrand.Sa...@ipsoft.com>
Subject RE: Stuck in expunging state
Date Mon, 06 Apr 2015 18:06:07 GMT
Hi,

Check VM details first. Here example vm has id as 8143.

Confirm VM state: Expunging from
    mysql> select * from vm_instance where id=8143\G;

Check asycn job table for vm. Should be empty
    mysql> select * from async_job where instance_id=8143\G;
    Empty set (0.05 sec)

Update state as removed

    mysql> update vm_instance set removed=now() where id=8143;
    Query OK, 1 row affected (0.01 sec)
    Rows matched: 1  Changed: 1  Warnings: 0

Should be fine.

Regards,
Makrand (Applications Engineer Cloudstack)
Hotline:- 866-477-6386. makrand.sanap@ipsoft.com

From: Michael Phillips <mphilli7823@hotmail.com>
Sent: Monday, April 6, 2015 10:39 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: RE: Stuck in expunging state

Is there a way to remove an instance manually from the database?

> From: mphilli7823@hotmail.com
> To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
> Subject: Stuck in expunging state
> Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2015 09:11:34 -0500
>

> I have a vm that won't expunge. Upon further investigation the cloudstack log shows the
following error "Unable to expunge VM[User|i-112-207-VM]java.lang.NullPointerException" See
this screenshot https://www.dropbox.com/s/4juutxz2v7htkg1/vm1.PNG?dl=0. In vcenter I noticed
the vm's rook vmdk file is missing. If I was to try to start the vm I get an error that says
"root vmdk was not found". So I think the error is happening because cloudstack can not expunge
the vm because the root vmdk file is missing. Is there a way to manually remove maybe via
the database?