cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From S. Brüseke - proIO GmbH <s.brues...@proio.com>
Subject AW: Workflow for extracting a snapshot
Date Thu, 02 Apr 2015 14:13:08 GMT
Hi,

it took some time, but here are some infos I do not want to keep back:

The life of a URL generated when we click on download template depends on two parameters in
global settings in CCP. They are extract.url.cleanup.interval and extract.url.expiration.interval.

Once the value in seconds is met after the creation of the URL it is expired, say the value
of 'extract.url.expiration.interval' is 4 hours and we are generating a URL by clicking the
download template now, then the URL is valid till 4 hours from now, once it is reaching the
4 hours from now it is cleaned up once the cleanup thread is run. Since the cleanup thread
is run as per the 'extract.url.cleanup.interval' say 2 hours, This could run immediately after
the URL is expired or even it could go upto 2 hours from the time of URL expiry.

So that minimum life of URL is = extract.url.expiration.interval
Maximum life of URL = extract.url.expiration.interval + extract.url.cleanup.interval

I will confirm this info after some testing.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / With kind regards,

Swen Brüseke

proIO GmbH
Kleyerstr. 79 - 89 / Tor 13
D-60326 Frankfurt am Main