cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From S. Brüseke - proIO GmbH <s.brues...@proio.com>
Subject AW: AW: cpu overprovisioning
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2015 15:51:11 GMT
Please try to stop and start the vm. Maybe reboot is not working here. You should start to
see more free CPU after the first vm.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / With kind regards,

Swen Brüseke

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Ugo Vasi [mailto:ugo.vasi@procne.it]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 21. April 2015 16:40
An: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Betreff: Re: AW: cpu overprovisioning

Hi Swen,
I try rebboting 2 vm but the amount of cpu MHz is not changed. Do I have to restart all vm
before you see a change?

Il 21/04/2015 16:16, S. Brüseke - proIO GmbH ha scritto:
> This is because the factor of overprovisioning is attached to the instance too! And this
factor is only changing after rebooting the instance.
> So after a change of cpu.overprovisioning.factor you need to reboot all instances on
this cluster which were running before this change was made.

> Mit freundlichen Grüßen / With kind regards,
>
> Swen Brüseke

of real GHz the overprovisioned amount of GHz (324GHz) as aspected, but after a while also
the sum of Ghz is multiplied by the same factor making it unnecessary...

> Il 21/04/2015 15:26, Bharat Kumar ha scritto:
>> In case of cloudstack, cpu capacity for host is total of cpus * no of Ghz * overporvisoning.
>>
>> total capacity = sum of capacities of individual hosts.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Bharat.
>>
>> On 21-Apr-2015, at 6:49 pm, Abhinandan Prateek <abhinandan.prateek@shapeblue.com>
wrote:

>>> Available CPU will be 3 times the actual CPU when over provisioned by 3.
>>>
>>> The UI not showing the over provisioned value seems like a bug.
>>>
>>> -abhi

set a cpu-overprovizioning to 3.

the sum of megahertz CPUs multiplied by three instead I get the real sum (108MHz).

of real ones asthe documentation say since in reality the virtual machines occupy on average
only 20% of the computing power.

>>> Find out more about ShapeBlue and our range of CloudStack related
>>> services
>>>
>>> IaaS Cloud Design &
>>> Build<http://secure-web.cisco.com/1Yol7cn0c4CnDObcpSirV3DCPZ0WVdvOa3L
>>> hGNjqR1LC8fdUx8eCLTnMMSoshd9HpKAnV6UPQ_yMd3M-1eZw2Ta-m7j5KgANh1cCgIkU
>>> g7gUvZUUMIkYZDZDpYP9IDOTuw6o3kuFAtJGiF0j7g8WWr6r9HIr7CqwJi047V_38MGrr
>>> r_r5JkLvVUoDdjYuhuBW/http%3A%2F%2Fshapeblue.com%2Fiaas-cloud-design-a
>>> nd-build%2F%2F> CSForge - rapid IaaS deployment
>>> framework<http://secure-web.cisco.com/1QG_8HfqAJxyrN85oTEHIYNcbRgpmjr
>>> Akp0COA-UIvjKFK3VDTqCkj9wp1e8W2JML6G56lRvuJpQMr5faxHOlQGVsy3eWivku7VX
>>> STR7Z_reGWbZS3mVJGbFxehTWTUAsA_HOfZ_i-dHdhIuYwCSXyx0PRQcIdyEE51ZlHghI
>>> wpl_CcVK4rj2EVlq5FWSNjbo/http%3A%2F%2Fshapeblue.com%2Fcsforge%2F>
>>> CloudStack
>>> Consulting<http://secure-web.cisco.com/1Jd9xC30lbTOK4Yz24hsK-SYyFxcaJ
>>> 15JHz5Aat3Lyd0qe4l_RGA3YuQAxdRlfgsKaT6hI61qwykCBNqiJRWwlaPIeK_FNJxaJt
>>> TYZ9o6c9gUZUI1GDDw2fGIesLOAjS5FnkfMjK4oqpmjkwKOCLxeXnBDDSoZhjQjyBB65K
>>> 27drcx_ll0lovUbqvBoz1HRfM/http%3A%2F%2Fshapeblue.com%2Fcloudstack-con
>>> sultancy%2F> CloudStack Software
>>> Engineering<http://secure-web.cisco.com/10UUubQoT9nA8gFa_q8Qn0och7aMN
>>> dFTHV-Yar0Ga9h9N4I3YNAockHpCCMMiqhnaECX7ZcolpDZ0IWds3ca9SDAQ_9hoGadj_
>>> YhjpPvW95NwJlv15UDNFNs8r99wke8pQl6BKjgzv94SQuWHueziP1J7X8G7uzAbyj7qqQ
>>> IjwV8qqxyV81xYENQyXC13qHt9/http%3A%2F%2Fshapeblue.com%2Fcloudstack-so
>>> ftware-engineering%2F> CloudStack Infrastructure
>>> Support<http://secure-web.cisco.com/1tHfpu6yxqCTFv4ED5hd1IzUqlDUAasw9
>>> gn30YT3ucOvb0PNffUKzHjrKXCpTie0_dZ2a1Veui99C8Qp-p9CiKkobjVQ7pQow2X2A6
>>> AYXKH5HwcPQ4zvZuLr30h5QBdE3MjtkFm_PM2JKk7WRAhtnukS0nvUJnIY1CzNyvezE5Y
>>> Vmd8PpcV-eZRBptj4Mv_5i/http%3A%2F%2Fshapeblue.com%2Fcloudstack-infras
>>> tructure-support%2F> CloudStack Bootcamp Training
>>> Courses<http://secure-web.cisco.com/1x7d61M2SDzx2SvrIj9y8lD6Eepy3dddj
>>> EIFHasGDV_PPBn4EwtHVaqqdWSD1VShX_OR-DKgxqKGgB-dO7jrsSLYkWAw7UE1EeKQdH
>>> I4RW9BPnlYREiTeAcWT3YeOlfQh9EzHqk1uXnuftQxPCbewMDyEcqAzM6O-6r7R7sYuIx
>>> I6xPdCoei7JH2Bkpsljdp-/http%3A%2F%2Fshapeblue.com%2Fcloudstack-traini
>>> ng%2F>
>>>
>>> This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely

   U g o   V a s i    <ugo.vasi@procne.it>
   P r o c n e  s.r.l    >)
   via Cotonificio 45  33010 Tavagnacco IT
   phone: +390432486523 fax: +390432486523

Le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio sono riservate e
confidenziali ed è vietata la diffusione in qualunque modo eseguita.
Qualora Lei non fosse la persona a cui il presente messaggio è
destinato, La invitiamo ad eliminarlo e a non leggerlo, dandocene
gentilmente comunicazione.
Per qualsiasi informazione si prega di contattare support@procne.it .
Rif. D.L. 196/2003

- proIO GmbH -
Geschäftsführer: Swen Brüseke
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Frankfurt am Main

USt-IdNr. DE 267 075 918
Registergericht: Frankfurt am Main - HRB 86239

Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben,
Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail sind nicht gestattet.

If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify

the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail.
Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly
forbidden.