cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Paul Shadwell <p...@shadwell.ch>
Subject Recurring Snapshot Limitation
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2015 11:04:26 GMT
We have a customer trying to create a snapshot that runs twice a week. Wednesday and Sunday.

The problem is, there seems to be no option to do so. Creating 1 weekly schedule works but
then weekly is greyed out and you cannot create another weekly schedule (which would be the
logical way of doing it).

I tried this in Cloudmonkey with:
create snapshotpolicy maxsnaps=4 intervaltype=weekly timezone=gmt+1 schedule=30:02:3 volumeid=0194edb4-.....
3 is the day of the week.

I then ran the command again changing the day of the week, to hopefully create a second weekly
snapshot of the same volume:
create snapshotpolicy maxsnaps=4 intervaltype=weekly timezone=gmt+1 schedule=30:02:7 volumeid=0194edb4-.....

However, when I list the snapshotpolicies, I only see the last one that was written.
Has anyone come across this problem before? Is there a workaround?

Cloudstack version 4.3.2

Best regards

Paul