cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Koushik Das <koushik....@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Please tell me about the attach of volume
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2015 09:28:13 GMT
Based on the DB dump your analysis looks correct.

-----Original Message-----
From: giraffeg forestg [mailto:giraffeforestg@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, 2 March 2015 14:46
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Please tell me about the attach of volume

Hi All

Please tell me about the attach of volume.
The manual has been described below.

========================
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-administration/en/4.4/storage.html
Working With Volumes
note

CloudStack supports attaching up to 13 data disks to a VM on XenServer hypervisor versions
6.0 and above.
For the VMs on other hypervisor types, the data disk limit is 6.
========================

The Manual is wrong.
And the following is correct ?

The specification has changed ?

CloudStack supports attaching up to 13 data disks to a VM on the following type of hypervisor.
 1. XenServer hypervisor versions 6.0 and above.
 2. VMware versions 5.0 and above.

For the VMs on other hypervisor types, the data disk limit is 6.

CloudStack Version 4.3.2

mysql> select hypervisor_type,hypervisor_version,max_data_volumes_limit
from cloud.hypervisor_capabilities;
+-----------------+--------------------+------------------------+
| hypervisor_type | hypervisor_version | max_data_volumes_limit |
+-----------------+--------------------+------------------------+
| XenServer       | default            |                      6 |
| XenServer       | XCP 1.0            |                      6 |
| XenServer       | 5.6                |                      6 |
| XenServer       | 5.6 FP1            |                      6 |
| XenServer       | 5.6 SP2            |                      6 |
| XenServer       | 6.0                |                     13 |
| XenServer       | 6.0.2              |                     13 |
| VMware          | default            |                     13 |
| VMware          | 4.0                |                     13 |
| VMware          | 4.1                |                     13 |
| VMware          | 5.0                |                     13 |
| KVM             | default            |                      6 |
| Ovm             | default            |                      6 |
| Ovm             | 2.3                |                      6 |
| XenServer       | 6.1.0              |                     13 |
| XenServer       | 6.2.0              |                     13 |
| VMware          | 5.1                |                     13 |
| LXC             | default            |                      6 |
| Hyperv          | 6.2                |                     64 |
| VMware          | 5.5                |                     13 |
20 rows in set (0.23 sec)

mysql>

Thanks

Satoru Nakaya ( @giraffeforestg )