cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Sanjeev Neelarapu <sanjeev.neelar...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Question regarding virtual routers in a basic network
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2015 07:10:36 GMT
Hi,

With cleanup=false all the rules programmed will be cleaned and reapplied on the VR whereas
with cleanup=true VR will be destroyed and recreated with all the rules.

If there is only one VR and it is destroyed with VMs running in that network, guest vms will
not get any services provided by that network.

Thanks,
Sanjeev

-----Original Message-----
From: cs user [mailto:acldstkusr@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 2015 11:48 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Question regarding virtual routers in a basic network

Hello,

From the docs here:

http://cloudstack-administration.readthedocs.org/en/latest/systemvm.html

It says:

"Do not use the destroyRouter API when only one router is available in the network, because
restartNetwork API with the cleanup=false parameter can’t recreate it later. If you want
to destroy and recreate the single router available in the network, use the restartNetwork
API with the cleanup=true parameter."

Would it be possible for someone to explain the difference between cleanup=false and cleanup=true
in more detail? Apologies if this exists somewhere but I can't seem to find a definitive answer.

If there is only one router and this router is destroyed, what happens to instances which
are running? I'm finding that there resolve.conf continues to point to the IP address of the
old router and so their dns lookups fail.

Must they be restarted?

This is when using cloudstack 4.3

Many thanks for any help

Cheers!