cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Sanjeev Neelarapu <sanjeev.neelar...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: VNC bind address
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2015 04:47:21 GMT
Please report a bug in Jira

-Sanjeev

-----Original Message-----
From: Alexey [mailto:humbugstuff@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, March 02, 2015 7:14 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: VNC bind address

Hello.

The question is regarding VNC bind address of qemu process. I have a multiple network interfaces
on the hypervisor nodes. When I'm running VM then qemu process binding VNC to the specific
IP address but not to 0.0.0.0. I want to manage how to bind it to all addresses (0.0.0.0)
or where to specify an IP address that should be used for VNC.

For example, I have the following IP/interfaces on my node:

eth0 172.16.2.101
eth0:2 172.16.3.102
eth2 192.168.2.101
eth2:2 192.168.3.102

When I'm running VM it listen for VNC on 192.168.3.102:3:

ps ax|grep qemu
qemu-system-x86_64 ..... -vnc 192.168.3.102:3,password

As you can see it listenening only on IP 192.168.3.102, that is not used for cloudstack in
my config.

If i will remove this IP alias and then restart cloudstack-agent, then next running VM will
bind to another IP address.

This is a problem as I have many IP aliases but only few on them I'm using for for CloudStack.

Best regards,
Alex