cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Alexey <humbugst...@gmail.com>
Subject VNC bind address
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2015 13:44:03 GMT
Hello.

The question is regarding VNC bind address of qemu process. I have a
multiple network interfaces on the hypervisor nodes. When I'm running VM
then qemu process binding VNC to the specific IP address but not to
0.0.0.0. I want to manage how to bind it to all addresses (0.0.0.0) or
where to specify an IP address that should be used for VNC.

For example, I have the following IP/interfaces on my node:

eth0 172.16.2.101
eth0:2 172.16.3.102
eth2 192.168.2.101
eth2:2 192.168.3.102

When I'm running VM it listen for VNC on 192.168.3.102:3:

ps ax|grep qemu
qemu-system-x86_64 ..... -vnc 192.168.3.102:3,password

As you can see it listenening only on IP 192.168.3.102, that is not used
for cloudstack in my config.

If i will remove this IP alias and then restart cloudstack-agent, then next
running VM will bind to another IP address.

This is a problem as I have many IP aliases but only few on them I'm using
for for CloudStack.

Best regards,
Alex