cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Andrija Panic <andrija.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hardware question
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2015 12:25:06 GMT
I'm personaly having fights with CEPh used for Primary storage - I ike CEPH
VERY MUCH, but hate it at the same time (hars word, I know...)

For Primary storage - my suggestions, play arround if you like, but avoid
it at the end...till it matures better, or simply the integration with CEPH
matures better.

If you are not using 10G network and serious hardware - it's crappy
experience... SSD for Journal, etc...

It's a fight  - whenever I do some maintance on CEPH I end up swetting,
clients asking why is everythgin so slow, etc...

For our next cloud, I'm going with ZFS/NFS definitively...

Be warned :)

Cheers

--

Andrija Panić