cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Marcus <shadow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Updating VR template, without ACS update
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2015 19:14:01 GMT
Hi,
  It's impossible to know without looking at the changes in 4.3.1,
4.3.2.  Your routers will be running old code, and will probably work,
but might not, e.g. if a router script is called with parameters that
don't exist in the version of the script that the router runs. If you
don't plan on making any changes (add ACLs, spin up new VMs, etc) to
these VPCs they'll most likely run just fine as-is, but any changes
are a big ?

 As far as your question about replacing the template, I believe
CloudStack looks for the latest of a specific version, so if you
retire your existing template and install a new one per the 4.3
upgrade instructions it should choose that. Note that for routers
specifically there s a global option 'router.template.kvm' that can be
pointed to a specific template name to use for routers.