cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From giraffeg forestg <giraffefore...@gmail.com>
Subject Please tell me about the attach of volume
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2015 09:15:44 GMT
Hi All

Please tell me about the attach of volume.
The manual has been described below.

========================
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-administration/en/4.4/storage.html
Working With Volumes
note

CloudStack supports attaching up to 13 data disks to a VM on XenServer
hypervisor versions 6.0 and above.
For the VMs on other hypervisor types, the data disk limit is 6.
========================

The Manual is wrong.
And the following is correct ?

The specification has changed ?

CloudStack supports attaching up to 13 data disks to a VM on the following
type of hypervisor.
 1. XenServer hypervisor versions 6.0 and above.
 2. VMware versions 5.0 and above.

For the VMs on other hypervisor types, the data disk limit is 6.

CloudStack Version 4.3.2

mysql> select hypervisor_type,hypervisor_version,max_data_volumes_limit
from cloud.hypervisor_capabilities;
+-----------------+--------------------+------------------------+
| hypervisor_type | hypervisor_version | max_data_volumes_limit |
+-----------------+--------------------+------------------------+
| XenServer       | default            |                      6 |
| XenServer       | XCP 1.0            |                      6 |
| XenServer       | 5.6                |                      6 |
| XenServer       | 5.6 FP1            |                      6 |
| XenServer       | 5.6 SP2            |                      6 |
| XenServer       | 6.0                |                     13 |
| XenServer       | 6.0.2              |                     13 |
| VMware          | default            |                     13 |
| VMware          | 4.0                |                     13 |
| VMware          | 4.1                |                     13 |
| VMware          | 5.0                |                     13 |
| KVM             | default            |                      6 |
| Ovm             | default            |                      6 |
| Ovm             | 2.3                |                      6 |
| XenServer       | 6.1.0              |                     13 |
| XenServer       | 6.2.0              |                     13 |
| VMware          | 5.1                |                     13 |
| LXC             | default            |                      6 |
| Hyperv          | 6.2                |                     64 |
| VMware          | 5.5                |                     13 |
20 rows in set (0.23 sec)

mysql>

Thanks

Satoru Nakaya ( @giraffeforestg )