cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Phillip Kent <phillip.k...@xmlsoup.com>
Subject Re: "list virtualmachines name=" problem
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2015 12:37:26 GMT
Note this is a property of the API call, listVirtualMachines, not Cloudmonkey.

So far as I can tell it is performing a substring match. Actually,
quite useful :-)

But it should be documented. I just made a pull request for a note to
appear in the API documentation:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dan Dong <dongdan39@gmail.com>
To: "users@cloudstack.apache.org" <users@cloudstack.apache.org>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 14:49:15 -0600
Subject: Re: "list virtualmachines name=" problem.
Hi, Harikrishna,
  Thanks, surely UUID will work in this case, but why not let user decide
the match pattern himself? E.g:
list virtualmachines name=vm-1*
to list vm-1, vm-10, vm-11 ......

I think VM name is unique for all the VMs user created? It would be natural
if all details of a VM could be got through its name, i.e:
vm_name==>vm_details

Cheers,
Dan