cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Mads Nordholm <m...@nordholm.dk>
Subject Hardware question
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2015 17:19:40 GMT
I am planning a small Cloudstack setup (using KVM for virtualisation) that
will allow me to run roughly 100 VPSs with these average requirements:

- 1 core
- 512 MB RAM
- 20 GB SSD

I am interested in input regarding a hardware configuration that will
support this, and how to best build a small setup that will scale easily as
I grow. Within a year or so, I expect to have more than 1,000 guest running.

I basically need a setup that will not completely break the bank as I start
out, but also one that will scale well as I grow. I am particularly
concerned with being able to add only the resources I need. If I need more
storage, I want to be able to add only that (preferably just by adding
disks to a RAID array), and if I need more computing power, I want to be
able to add only that.

Any input greatly appreciated.

--
Mads Nordholm