cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From cs user <acldstk...@gmail.com>
Subject Question regarding virtual routers in a basic network
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2015 18:18:10 GMT
Hello,

>From the docs here:

http://cloudstack-administration.readthedocs.org/en/latest/systemvm.html

It says:

"Do not use the destroyRouter API when only one router is available in the
network, because restartNetwork API with the cleanup=false parameter can’t
recreate it later. If you want to destroy and recreate the single router
available in the network, use the restartNetwork API with the cleanup=true
parameter."

Would it be possible for someone to explain the difference between
cleanup=false and cleanup=true in more detail? Apologies if this exists
somewhere but I can't seem to find a definitive answer.

If there is only one router and this router is destroyed, what happens to
instances which are running? I'm finding that there resolve.conf continues
to point to the IP address of the old router and so their dns lookups fail.

Must they be restarted?

This is when using cloudstack 4.3

Many thanks for any help

Cheers!