cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From cs user <acldstk...@gmail.com>
Subject Virtual Routers not responding to dns requests
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2015 15:39:22 GMT
Hi All,

We have upgraded from 4.3 to 4.4.2.

After some issues with starting the systemvm's, the virtual routers no
longer responding to dns requests from the vm's which we start (or existing
ones).

We have disabled the firewall on the virtual routers and ran tcpdump on
them but we can't see any inbound traffic on port 53 (udp or tcp). If we
log onto the virtual routers and dig locally against eth0 and the alias on
eth0 both of these return fine with the correct IP.

This is using Xenserver 6.1 as the host.

Has anyone come across this before? dhcp lookups appear to be working fine.
Is there a firewall rule in place on the router vm's (other than iptables),
similar to the security groups which are applied by Xen, which is
preventing these requests from hitting the routers?

Many thanks for any help.