cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Michael Phillips <mphilli7...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: unused standard vswitches
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2015 02:04:11 GMT
OK. Thanks for the info!

> Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 17:55:55 -0800
> From: ilya.mailing.lists@gmail.com
> To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
> Subject: Re: unused standard vswitches
>
> Michael,
>
> Cloudstack manages portgroups and creates them if needed. So if you were
> to delete it - it will be re-created.
>
> It does not delete though, which is kinda messy - but on the other side
> its also a much safer approach.
>
> Regards
> ilya
>
> On 3/4/15 4:17 PM, Michael Phillips wrote:
> > So I am using cloudstack with esxi as the hypervisor. I am also using advanced network
using vlans for network isolation. As such cloudstack has vmware create a new port group for
each network.  If I wanted to clean up the "unused" port groups can I simply delete them from
vmware, or would I need to do something extra in cloudstack as well? Or is it even necessary
to delete them or will cloudstack reuse the unused port groups if necessary? Hopefully this
makes sense.