cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Paul Angus <paul.an...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: or website
Date Fri, 06 Mar 2015 06:25:09 GMT
I would like to add to Ian's point in relation to deciding who and what the website is for.
I'd add that I feel that we're too developer focused and that we intimidate new (and existing)
users.  At the end of the day there's no in point developing for developing's sake right.
 So I would like to see a much more 'potential and current CloudStack' user friendly website.

Regards

Paul Angus
Cloud Architect
S: +44 20 3603 0540 | M: +447711418784 | T: CloudyAngus
paul.angus@shapeblue.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Ian Rae [mailto:irae@cloudops.com]
Sent: 06 March 2015 01:53
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Cc: Sally Khudairi; marketing@cloudstack.apache.org; users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: or website

Yep thanks Will. As a formerly-quite-technical founder I'm always amazed at the difference
between what is actually true and what the market perceives.
Cloud computing as a whole suffers greatly from this challenge (primarily thanks to "cloud
washing"). Sometimes I refer to CloudStack as the dark matter of cloud computing, vitally
important but not too easy to detect with all the other heat and light happening. There is
a big opportunity in making it more accessible, that said it doesn't mean we have to compromise
on what it is.

--
*Ian Rae*
PDG *| *CEO

*CloudOps* Votre partenaire infonuagique* | *Cloud Solutions Experts w cloudops.com <http://www.cloudops.com/>
*|* 420 rue Guy *|* Montreal *|*  Quebec *|* H3J 1S6

<https://www.cloud.ca/>
<http://www.cloudops.com/2014/11/cloudops-tops-deloittes-technology-fast-50/>

ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.