cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Kollmer <Daniel.Koll...@tomtom.com>
Subject Can not deploy system VMs anymore
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2015 16:08:20 GMT

Hello All

This is related to my mail from yesterday:

> Today I wanted to try and build a new zone (on cloudstack 4.5/KVM)
> with VXLAN but upon launching it appears to be unable to start the
> systemVMs
>
> I constantly got errors of this kind:
>
> Exception while trying to start secondary storage vm
> com.cloud.exception.AgentUnavailableException: Resource [Host:1]
> is unreachable: Host 1: Unable to start instance due to Unable to
> acquire lock on VMTemplateStoragePool:
>
> I have verified that I can mount the secondary storage from the
> hypervisor, it works.
>
> I tried reverting the zone back to a setup which does not use
> VXLAN but the result was the same. If I check on the hypervisor
> itself I see messages like this repeating over and over again:
>

> 2015-03-24 17:46:28,373{GMT} INFO
> [kvm.storage.LibvirtStorageAdaptor] (agentRequest-Handler-4:)
> Attempting to remove storage pool
> 5a7d9fa7-3f8a-3e91-802e-bee6c7a2654c from libvirt ^@2015-03-24
> 17:46:55,195{GMT} INFO [kvm.storage.LibvirtStorageAdaptor]
> (agentRequest-Handler-3:) Attempting to create storage pool
> 5a7d9fa7-3f8a-3e91-802e-bee6c7a2654c (NetworkFilesystem) in
> libvirt 2015-03-24 17:46:55,292{GMT} INFO
> [kvm.storage.LibvirtStorageAdaptor] (agentRequest-Handler-3:)
> Attempting to create volume ea985424-d237-11e4-b2aa-c81f66f5bb98
> (NetworkFilesystem) in pool 9af29c7c-b3b6-329b-8427-8929fb18fedf
> with size 2684354560
>
> I have the feeling something is going wrong there with the libvirt
> setup. I have completely emptied the secondary storage and
> re-deployed the secondary storage VM but to no avail.

I have tried all day to find out what is going on there. I have
destroyed and recreated everything from scratch including the database
and SystemVM seeding. I have reverted to a plain setup without OVS or
VXLAN and just one layer 2 network.

All machines can reach each other, mount the NFS storage etc, but I
still get the same errors. Please see the full relevant log here
http://pastebin.com/DGLTYrjQ

I really am at my wits end because that just stopped working from one
day to the next and I have no idea why.

I hope someone can point me into the right direction.

- --

Daniel Kollmer | Sr. System Engineer - OTS |
daniel.kollmer@tomtom.com | Phone: +31 20 75 75 084 | Mobile: +31
(0)6 29 13 96 47