cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Rene Moser <m...@renemoser.net>
Subject Re: Ways to monitor Virtual Router disk space
Date Mon, 23 Mar 2015 15:16:15 GMT

On 22.03.2015 22:35, Erik Weber wrote:

> This is running on CCP 4.3.2 if it matters, and is on production so I'm
> hesitant to mess with it..

I am on CCP 4.2.1

> Any idea if this is how it's supposed to be or if something if fubar in my
> setup? If this is how it's supposed to be, how does other access their
> systemvms outside the hypervisor?

You should be able to SSH into the systemvm from the cloudstack
management system (using the right private key and user root).

If you like to have access from your workstation, you can make use of
"proxycommand" if you have a recent openssh. Copy the private key from
cloudstack management to ~/.ssh/id_rsa_cloudstack

scp root@cloudstack:/var/lib/cloud/management/.ssh/id_rsa
.ssh/id_rsa_cloudstack

and configure your client ssh config like, note that you must use the so
called "linklocal ip" of the router. In my case these are IPs
10.100.9.0/24 and 10.100.209.0/24

$ cat .ssh/config
Host 10.100.9.* 10.100.209.*
User root
IdentityFile ~/.ssh/id_rsa_cloudstack
StrictHostKeyChecking no
ProxyCommand ssh -q -o ControlPersist=no cloudstack.example.com

you can simply ssh in:

ssh 10.100.9.45

So how to find the linklocal ip you may ask:

A easy way is using cs package from pip (which you will also need for
using ansible). It also has a cli interface

pip install cs

cs listRouters listall=true | grep linklocalip

Yours
René