cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Erdősi Péter <f...@niif.hu>
Subject Re: VNC bind address
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2015 19:30:43 GMT
Dear,

2015.03.18. 13:28 keltezéssel, Alexey írta:
> What algoritm is used for choosing VNC listen address?
I actually not know the answer for your question, but may can offer you
a "quick and dirty" solution...
If the binding address always the same, you can make a local nat rule,
to redirect traffic from outside to internal (storage) IP...
http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/linux-port-redirection-with-iptables/

If you do that, you may need to enable traffic in a FORWARD chain too
(i'm not completly sure about that, (around 99 % :) ) but I think when
you get a match on PREROUTING chain, your packet will routed to FORWARD,
and not to INPUT, and thats why you need to accept the traffic in
FORWARD chain) http://l7-filter.sourceforge.net/PacketFlow.png

Regards,
  Peter