cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Kollmer <Daniel.Koll...@tomtom.com>
Subject Secondary Storage VM & Console Proxy creation failure
Date Fri, 06 Mar 2015 09:27:46 GMT

Hello everyone

I am new here, so please bear with me if I submit a newbie question.

I have installed Cloudstack 4.5 on CentOS 7 with a setup that includes
one physical machine as manager, one as hypervisor with KVM and one as
DB/storage. All three can freely communicate with each other.

I have imported the System VM template, made sure primary and
secondary storage are accessible across the network and mounted (they
are), checked whether the System VM appears in secondary storage (it
does) but yet I keep getting the following errors on my management
server

WARN  [c.c.c.ConsoleProxyManagerImpl] (consoleproxy-1:ctx-0e6c9d6a)
Exception while trying to start console proxy
com.cloud.exception.InsufficientServerCapacityException: Unable to
create a deployment for VM[ConsoleProxy|v-1-VM]Scope=interface
com.cloud.dc.DataCenter; id=1
WARN  [o.a.c.alerts] (consoleproxy-1:ctx-0e6c9d6a)  alertType:: 10 //
dataCenterId:: 1 // podId:: null // clusterId:: null // message::
Console proxy creation failure.

WARN  [o.a.c.s.SecondaryStorageManagerImpl]
(secstorage-1:ctx-f61d7363) Exception while trying to start secondary
storage vm
com.cloud.exception.InsufficientServerCapacityException: Unable to
create a deployment for
VM[SecondaryStorageVm|s-1733-VM]Scope=interface
com.cloud.dc.DataCenter; id=1
WARN  [o.a.c.alerts] (secstorage-1:ctx-f61d7363)  alertType:: 19 //
dataCenterId:: 1 // podId:: null // clusterId:: null // message::
Secondary Storage Vm creation failure. zone

I can see both the console proxy and the System VM in the System VM
tab of the Infrastructure overview but I simply can not start them. I
can also not create any instances, I simply get no choice of a
template even though the System VM template is marked as "ready". I
even imported an ISO but that also does not show up as a choice during
instance creation.

I do not understand the InsufficientServerCapacity message, there is
definitely enough capacity both in storage and in memory.

Can anybody give me a pointer what might be going on here?

If you need to have more information, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

- --

Daniel Kollmer | Sr. System Engineer - OTS |
daniel.kollmer@tomtom.com | Phone: +31 20 75 75 084 | Mobile: +31
(0)6 29 13 96 47