cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From ilya musayev <ilya.mailing.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sending Notifications Back to the User via UI
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2015 21:35:46 GMT
Kyle

This is better suited for Dev Mailing List if you get no response

Regards
ilya

On 3/5/15 8:49 AM, Kyle Flavin wrote:
> I'm using the event notification framework to handle post tasks for VM creation and deletion.
 Following a VM create, I do a post task, which in the case where this post task fails, I
the user through the web UI that this has happened.  Is there a way to pass messages back
into cloudstack for the user?  It looks like I can create an alert using the API, but I'd
like something that gives more obvious notice to the user that their build failed, ie: a notification
that appears in their browser window under "Notifications" or a pop up window for some sort.