cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: Centos 7 support
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2015 16:55:25 GMT
I finally got the time to tackle Cloudstack on Centos 7.

Just in case anyone else wants to try it, here is a quick summary of how
did it following the installation guide with some extras

I used the latest CentOS 7 4.5 RC that is available in a yum repo
  at http://packages.shapeblue.com/cloudstack/testing/centos7/4.5

This version fixed the Tomcat 6 vs 7 problem in the stock 4.5 release.

I added the repo and yum did the rest.

I added a cloudstack service to FirewallD

service  Cloudstack
port protocol="tcp" port="32803"
port protocol="udp" port="662"
port protocol="tcp" port="662"
port protocol="udp" port="875"
port protocol="tcp" port="875"
port protocol="udp" port="892"
port protocol="tcp" port="892"
port protocol="udp" port="32769"

and then enabled cloudstack, nfs, rpc-bind, http, https, tftp to get
all  the ports open

Enabling nfs was different from the installation and took a quick google
to a Stackoverflow article that described the change in name.
  systemctl enable nfs-lock.service
  systemctl enable nfs.target

Enabling the other services did not pose any problems.

The rest of the process went smoothly and I seem to have a working console.

I have to start adding the hosts and creating some VMs and Docker
containers with some apps to see if I really have it under control.

Ron