cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: or website
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2015 16:22:33 GMT
Hi Sebastien,

I really like the initiative, while cms.apache.org is handy I think the gh-pages repo looks
neat plus we can continue to use git and not archaic svn :)

I think we can then perhaps have an automated way to build the gh-pages branch and copy the
htmls to cms etc. Should we also use Jekyll based website since the link (http://apache.github.io/cloudstack/)
will be built automatically by Github (need to confirm, if it allows for non-master branches)?
I’ve some Jekyll based experience, my website too is hosted on Github and uses Jekyll.

> On 05-Mar-2015, at 8:01 pm, Sebastien Goasguen <runseb@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> The website has been bugging me greatly, it's not up to par with today's website and
does not portray our project in a good way.

> I decided to try something quick. I created a gh-pages branch in our repo, orphaned from
the rest of the code based and pushed that.
> It shows up on github due to the mirroring:
>
> https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/tree/gh-pages
>
> And it builds:
>
> https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/tree/gh-pages
>
> I believe that's nice, it allows us to keep the website under ASF root repo but the mirroring
allows us to use github pages.
> That means we can take pull requests to build our website instead of using svn or the
apache CMS.

> Any amazing web designer on these lists who wants to take a crack at a modern design
for cloudstack ?

> thanks,
>
> -sebastien

Regards,