cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Sam Ceylani <...@mistercertified.com>
Subject RE: Resize DATA-Disk
Date Fri, 20 Mar 2015 14:47:34 GMT
I don’t know the logic of resizing a volume behind cloudstack but I always resize it from
command line on xenserver and it works, cloudstack might be creating a totally new drive which
defeats the purpose (I am going by your description of the problem) of having a resize button
there. I might be wrong and it might be doing what is expected and your situation (storage,hypervisor
combo etc.) might not be allowing it, ty

-----Original Message-----
From: Fedi Ben Ali [mailto:ben.ali.fedi1@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, March 20, 2015 5:30 AM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: Resize DATA-Disk

Hello ,

I'm working on 4.4 cloudstack with multiple xenservers6.2 and FC as primary storage.
When i add a DATA volume and attach it to a VM,the volume is connected  and listed after a
fdisk -l (/dev/xvdb) command but its not mounted (not listed on df -h command).
So i do so manually (mount the disk on the linux server) i cretae partion and mount it on
the server and now this volume is listed on th df -h command.
But when i resize this volume ,he will go back to first state connected but not mounted on
the VM and i loose the filesystem  the volume allays appears on fdisl -l command .

Thx