cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Lothering <tlother...@datacentrix.co.za>
Subject RE: Secondary Storage VM & Console Proxy creation failure
Date Fri, 06 Mar 2015 09:50:52 GMT
Hi Daniel,

Welcome!

I suggest you have a look further in the logs, the " InsufficientServerCapacityException"
usually indicates that the server you are trying to provision to does not meet your templates
requirements. There are 2 parts to this and I will explain by way of an example:

You have a 2 Socket, 16 Core Server with 64GB RAM, the server cores are rated at 2.0GHz, if
you have a template which has been defined as 2.0GHz, theoretically, this should work, but
if you look at what the Host system says is available (i.e. 1999MHz), the server will be deemed
as having insufficient capacity.

With this said, have you modified the default service offering for your Console Proxy and/or
Secondary storage? Also, I suggest you look to see if the Host is in maintenance Mode. Logs
will be your best bet

Regards,
Timothy Lothering
Solutions Architect
Managed Services

T: +27877415535
F: +27877415100
C: +27824904099
E: tlothering@datacentrix.co.za

DISCLAIMER NOTICE:

Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relating to the official business of Datacentrix
Holdings Ltd. and its subsidiaries
('Datacentrix') is proprietary to Datacentrix. It is confidential, legally privileged and
protected by law. Datacentrix does not
own and endorse any other content. Views and opinions are those of the sender unless clearly
stated as being that of Datacentrix.
The person addressed in the e-mail is the sole authorised recipient. Please notify the sender
immediately if it has unintentionally
reached you and do not read, disclose or use the content in any way. Datacentrix cannot assure
that the integrity of this communication
has been maintained nor that it is free of errors, virus, interception or interference.