cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Higginbottom <geoff.higginbot...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: Force cleaning primary storage.
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2015 16:36:37 GMT
Hi Dan,

Please share the following to help the community help you

1. version of cloudstack
2. Hypervisor Type
3. Primary Storage Type e.g. NFS / iSCSI

I can confirm CloudStack is supposed to delete Root Volumes from physical storage after the
VM has been deleted, but Data volumes are left in CloudStack as a safeguard against accidental
deletion.  However if you then delete the Data volume from the UI, it will also be deleted
from Primary Storage.

There are some settings which control the expunge delay within CloudStack, these are:

expunge.delay
expunge.interval
expunge.workers

If you could also share what these settings are, that would also help

Regards

Geoff Higginbottom

geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com