cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Sonali Jadhav <son...@servercentralen.se>
Subject RE: Networking in Advance zone with security groups enabled
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2015 09:26:15 GMT
So basically in "Advance zone with security groups" on guest network we'll be creating both
logical networks? i.e. Shared network and Isolated networks?

So, if we use only Advance zone, then there will be guest and public networks, and we can
create isolated network on Public traffic interface and shared network on Guest traffic interface.

Where as in case of Advance zone with Security groups, there will be only Guest interface,
and we can create both types of logical networks on same guest traffic interface.

So I want to understand that, why there is this difference, what advantage we get in it?

(actually I am planning production ready CloudStack deployment architecture, so want to understand
what's better)

/Sonali

-----Original Message-----
From: Jayapal Reddy Uradi [mailto:jayapalreddy.uradi@citrix.com]
Sent: Friday, February 6, 2015 2:25 PM
To: <users@cloudstack.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Networking in Advance zone with security groups enabled

Hi Sonali,

For shared network there won't be public interface.
Guest network is the public/direct network.

Thanks,
Jayapal

On 06-Feb-2015, at 2:06 PM, Sonali Jadhav <sonali@servercentralen.se>
 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When we create a advance zone with security groups enabled, then I observed there is
no need for Public traffic NIC on host. So does that mean we'll be creating Logical networks
(shared and isolated) on guest network interface of host ?

> Also in advance zone with security groups enabled, there won't be virtual router created
?

> Is there is good guide for understanding of networking in advance zone with security
groups.

> I saw one video<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF9dq0aSb_I> of CloudStack Networking
- Paul Angus, which made me think it's like there are three types networking scenarios as
per type of zones we chose,