cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Yiping Zhang <yzh...@marketo.com>
Subject how to configure multi-homed management server?
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2015 00:09:41 GMT
Hi, all:

My  CS management server has two IP addresses: one IP address on our corporate network (for
general access) and one IP address on lab network , which is used at CloudStack’s management
network.

When I run cloudstack-setup-database script, I have given “—mshost” option with its
IP address on lab network.  However,  when CPVM comes up, the cloud service is not running
. Looking at /var/log/cloud.log file on CPVM indicates that it is trying to connect to port
8250 of management server’s IP address on corporate network instead of the IP address on
lab network.  On SSVM, its cloud service also tries to connect to port 8250 of the wrong MS
IP address

How does systemVMs decide which IP address on the management server to use when starting cloud
service ?  How do I make systemVM’s to use proper interface on management server ?

Thanks

Yiping