cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Yiping Zhang <yzh...@marketo.com>
Subject how to get info about destroyed VM instances with API calls?
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2015 03:21:48 GMT
Hi:

I am using  CloudStack’s event notification framework to add post VM instance create/destroy
scripts to integrate with external apps. This approach works well for VM create events, but
it won’t work for VM destroy events.

Once a VM instance is destroyed, listVIrtualMachines API will no longer return any info about
the destroyed instance, even when I provide instance’s id to the API call.  Therefore,
I can’t  retrieve any info about the VM instance just destroyed.

Is there any other way to get back info about a destroyed VM without resorting to direct SQL
query to the database ?

Thanks,

Yiping

PS: I am using CloudStack 4.3.0 on rhel 6.6 x86_64.