cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Carlos Reategui <car...@reategui.com>
Subject Re: How to shutdown CS?
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2015 23:47:53 GMT
Not sure what the proper way to do so, but what I have done which has
worked for me is as follows.  The basic premise is that the management
server DB is representative of the current state of the system.  Therefore
when you bring things back online, if they match the state in the DB then
CS will have no idea that you shut it down.

In my case I try to shutdown all the running instances from within CS.
Then stop the management server.  The next step is critical.  I use
xenserver so I pull up XenCenter and pause/stop any remaining instances
(e.g. system VMs).  Then I proceed to shutdown the hosts, storage and the
the management server host (make sure CS will not auto start).  When I
bring things back online, I start all the instances that I stopped/paused
outside of CS and make sure everything looks the way it did when I stopped
the management server.  Only then do I start the management server process.