cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Jayapal Reddy Uradi <jayapalreddy.ur...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: How to external IP for Guest Network
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2015 08:44:01 GMT
Hi Keerthi,

External dhcp server integration to cloudstack is not there currently.

You can try the following:
1. create shared network offering with out dhcp (or with out any service)
2. Create shared network using this offering. Give ip range and vlan same as your dhcp range
while creating network..
3. Configure your external dhcp server .
3. Deploy vm in this network. vm will get the ip from the external dhcp server.
4. Take the ip of the vm ip address from the vm console and update the vm nic ip in nics table
ip4_address.
5. Also manually update your dns record for the vm.

Thanks,
Jayapal