cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Somesh Naidu <Somesh.Na...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Slow upload download on storage network
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2015 16:10:20 GMT
Sonali,

What is hypervisor being used and what bandwidth do you have on your storage network?

Try mounting the secondary storage NFS share on a Linux box and check the network performance
when you copy a similar sized file. What throughput do you get?

Regards,
Somesh

-----Original Message-----
From: Sonali Jadhav [mailto:sonali@servercentralen.se]
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2015 7:26 AM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Slow upload download on storage network

Hi,

I have observed that storage network operations are really slow. When I download any iso,
like just 4GB iso takes 4-5 Hrs. It's so weird. My secondary storage in nfs.
I felt since SSVM is mounting the secondary storage mount on ssvm and downloading iso from
there. That could be cause of slow network. So I even changed service offering for SSVM, and
gave more memory and cpu, it's still same.
I have configured Storage network for secondary storage traffic. So I am wondering what could
be problem, since there is dedicated nic on nfs server and xenserver host, so it should just
work.

I am running CS 4.4.2 .

Thanks,
/Sonali