cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Somesh Naidu <Somesh.Na...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: how to get info about destroyed VM instances with API calls?
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2015 15:04:40 GMT
I believe listVirtualMachines API output, when run as Root Admin, should include all VMs that
are not expunged. That's how the UI lists such VMs so Admin can invoke recoverVirtualMachine
API. You may want to use firebug or something similar on the UI to find the exact API calls
along with their parameters.

Regards,
Somesh

-----Original Message-----
From: Yiping Zhang [mailto:yzhang@marketo.com]
Sent: Sunday, February 08, 2015 10:22 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: how to get info about destroyed VM instances with API calls?

Hi:

I am using  CloudStack’s event notification framework to add post VM instance create/destroy
scripts to integrate with external apps. This approach works well for VM create events, but
it won’t work for VM destroy events.

Once a VM instance is destroyed, listVIrtualMachines API will no longer return any info about
the destroyed instance, even when I provide instance’s id to the API call.  Therefore,
I can’t  retrieve any info about the VM instance just destroyed.

Is there any other way to get back info about a destroyed VM without resorting to direct SQL
query to the database ?

Thanks,

Yiping

PS: I am using CloudStack 4.3.0 on rhel 6.6 x86_64.