cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Docker Support?
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2015 14:54:16 GMT

On Feb 9, 2015, at 8:22 AM, Andrei Mikhailovsky <andrei@arhont.com> wrote:

> Guys,
>
> Not sure if anyone has done some more testing with CoreOS. I am currently doing a PoC
and having some issues with building the cluster.

> The template itself is working okay and the user supplied ssh keys are properly registered
with the instance. However, the etcd cluster is not forming properly. The instances can see
each other and there is no fw to block the requests.

> I am using addr and peer-addr settings in the config-cloud.xml in the following manner:
the first instance will have addr and peer-addr to the same IP - 10.0.1.x:4001 and 10.0.1.x:7001.
The remaining instances will have the same addr value, but the peer-addr reflects the instance's
internal ip address.

> Upon starting the instances, i can see that all hosts join the cluster - journalctl -u
etcd -f tell me that the instances join the cluster. However, I am unable to do anything with
the cluster. For instance, when I try to query the machines, it times out:

> etcdctl --debug=true ls /_etcd/machines --recursive
> Cluster-Peers: http://10.0.1.45:4001 http://10.0.1.45:4001 http://10.0.1.45:4001 http://10.0.1.45:4001

> Curl-Example: curl -X GET http://10.0.1.45:4001/v2/keys/_etcd/machines?consistent=true&recursive=true&sorted=false

> Perhaps someone can tell me what I am missing?

on a break right now, so short answer. I wrote some ansible recipes to create etcd cluster
on cloudstack:
https://github.com/runseb/ansible-kubernetes

suggestion, you might first want to check if you can bootstrap it with coreOS discovery system.

that might help.