cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Jayapal Reddy Uradi <jayapalreddy.ur...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: CS 4.3.2 virtual router issue
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2015 16:59:32 GMT
How system vm template update solved the problem.
Is VR getting more interfaces from the template ?

Thanks,
Jayapal
On 27-Feb-2015, at 9:19 PM, Paul Angus <paul.angus@shapeblue.com>
 wrote:

> I have seen this behaviour in 4.3.2 - I ended up with at least 5 interfaces on my VRs.
 I resolved it by updating my systemVM template as I recall.

> Regards
>
> Paul Angus
> Cloud Architect
> S: +44 20 3603 0540 | M: +447711418784 | T: CloudyAngus
> paul.angus@shapeblue.com

file in VR also /var/log/cloud.log.
> These logs helps us to understand where the problem is.
>
> Thanks,
> Jayapal
>
> On 27-Feb-2015, at 2:54 AM, John Skinner <john.skinner@appcore.com> wrote:
>
>> This happens with all routers in that specific zone, the other zone is ok.
>> Messages and cloudstack logs on the router do not offer any insight.
>> You can see the results of ipassoc.sh in messages and that it is
>> clearly setting up postrouting rules for eth3 which should not exist.
>> CloudStack agent log on the host is useless per always, and the qemu
>> log for the routers just display the start command. Virsh dumpxml of
>> the router does show 4 interfaces for the router. I am trying to
>> discover at what point the VM thinks it needs to create that 4th
>> interface. User VMs are being created just fine, as well as the
>> console proxy and secondary storage VMs for that zone.
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 2:29 PM, Somesh Naidu
>> <Somesh.Naidu@citrix.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Strange, I haven't seen that happen before.
>>>
>>> Is this happening with all routers in the environment or only a
>>> specific one?
>>>
>>> If latter we might just try recreating it. If former, then probably
>>> have to look at /var/log/messages on the router.
>>>
>>> Somesh
>>> CloudPlatform Escalations
>>> Citrix Systems, Inc.

file immediately thereafter. Thank you.

>> --
>>
>> *John Skinner*
>>
>> Senior Cloud Engineer - Ops Lead | Appcore
>>

>> Office +1.800.735.7104 | Direct +1.515.612.7783
>>
>> john.skinner@appcore.com  |  www.appcore.com

>> The information in this message is intended for the named recipients only.
>> It may contain information that is privileged, confidential or
>> otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended
>> recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying,
>> distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents
>> of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
>> e-mail in error, do not print it or disseminate it or its contents. In
>> such event, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete the e-mail file
immediately thereafter. Thank you.

ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.