cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Higginbottom <geoff.higginbot...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: Xenserver pool HA in Cloudstack
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2015 19:18:10 GMT
Hi Yiping,

Great suggestion, post had been updated accordingly, thanks for the feedback for helping to
improve the article.

Regards

Geoff Higginbottom

geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Yiping Zhang [mailto:yzhang@marketo.com]
Sent: 20 February 2015 18:20
To: Geoff Higginbottom
Subject: Re: Xenserver pool HA in Cloudstack

Hi, Geoff:

We have followed your blog to implement Xenserver pool HA feature,  thanks for sharing it.

I have one suggested update to your blog post, in case other people may encounter the same
issue we had.

In your script for enabling pool HA,  it left HA timeout to the default value.  This default
timeout value may not be long enough to prevent premature hypervisor self fencing.  In our
case, all three of our XenServers went into self fencing during a planned NetApp cluster maintenance
when cluster head switchover happened.

Here is a Citrix support doc describing how to set  new HA timeout values:
 http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX139166

Thanks,

Yiping