cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From ilya musayev <ilya.mailing.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cloudstack using without virtual Router
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2015 06:46:05 GMT
CloudStack has a concept of network offering, which is what router VMs
will use as its "template" or the type of services you would want your
router vm to have.

Keep in mind, router vm does not have to do the routing, its just one of
many features.

In your case, you will have to choose either Basic Shared Network Zone
or Advanced Shared Network Zone (if you have multiple VLANs). This setup
is mostly used for private clouds who have internal infrastructure well
established. Unless you are planning to be public cloud provider, shared
network zone is easiest to use.

In this case, CloudStack will still deploy routervm, but it will only do
fraction of the services. At the minimal you need to have DHCP service
and Metadata. Thats all cloudstack will provide for your guest VMs.
Other than those 2 services, it does not do anything else...

You can then use your physical networks, router, switches, firewalls, etc..

If you can tell us more about what service you are looking to provide,
we can help with the type of setup you need.