cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Adrian Lewis <adr...@alsiconsulting.co.uk>
Subject VPC Router without NAT (IPv4 or IPv6)
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2015 11:28:25 GMT
Hi,

It’s been asked before but does anyone know of a way to completely disable
NAT (specifically source NAT) on a VPC router on 4.4 or 4.5? There doesn’t
sem to be an easy way to do this via the web interface. I’d like to use the
VPC router for multi-subnet L3 routing but the ‘public’ network would be a
transit network to a hardware firewall which does NAT for internet access.

With IPv6 NAT is generally considered as a no-no so I was wondering if
anyone knows if there are plans to let users be more in control of the
pre-defined networking scenarios that CS seems to try to enforce.

Perhaps a suggestion for GSOC?

Cheers,

Adrian