cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Stephan Seitz <s.se...@secretresearchfacility.com>
Subject Re: Major breakage in GUI after upgrade from 4.3.2 to 4.4.2
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2015 14:48:33 GMT
Hi,

one GUI issue I found so far in 4.4.2 is a misplaced "apply"-button if
you edit the details of templates. This seems browser-dependent, on
firefox it somehow works, on chromium the button is completely
invisible.

If you're unable to start any VM, I assume you didn't install the
updated systemvm's?

cheers,

- Stephan

Am Montag, den 02.02.2015, 12:39 +0000 schrieb Andrei Mikhailovsky:
> Hi guys,
>
> I've recently upgraded my ASC from version 4.3.2 to version 4.4.2. The upgrade process
went well without any setbacks or issues. I've not seen any errors in the log files. All looks
good apart from the GUI issues. I've tried to clear browser caches and pressed force refresh
as well. This happens in Firefox as well as Chrome.

> The following major issue that i've identified so far:
>
> 1. I can no longer create new instances. Regardless of if I am doing it from the ISO
or existing Templates. After following the Add Instance wizard and clicking on the Launch
button nothing happens. The wizard window becomes shaded and the spinning circle appears.
I've left it for hours without any change. When the Launch button is pressed, the management
server does not receive an API call to create an instance. There are actually nothing in the
logs after the button is pressed. However, I can successfully create new instances by using
the CloudMonkey.

> The following minor issues that i've seen so far:
>
> 1. The elements in the Dashboard screen are not fitting their corresponding boxes. They
stick out and not aligning properly
> 2. Some Tabs are now labeled properly and instead show something like: label.zones or
label.add.isolated.network and a few more that i've noticed, but can't recall exactly what
they were.

> Has anyone else seen these types of issues with the 4.4.x branch? Any thoughts on what
is causing the issues and how to resolve them?