cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Andrei Mikhailovsky <and...@arhont.com>
Subject Re: Docker Support?
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2015 13:22:01 GMT
Guys,

Not sure if anyone has done some more testing with CoreOS. I am currently doing a PoC and
having some issues with building the cluster.

The template itself is working okay and the user supplied ssh keys are properly registered
with the instance. However, the etcd cluster is not forming properly. The instances can see
each other and there is no fw to block the requests.

I am using addr and peer-addr settings in the config-cloud.xml in the following manner: the
first instance will have addr and peer-addr to the same IP - 10.0.1.x:4001 and 10.0.1.x:7001.
The remaining instances will have the same addr value, but the peer-addr reflects the instance's
internal ip address.

Upon starting the instances, i can see that all hosts join the cluster - journalctl -u etcd
-f tell me that the instances join the cluster. However, I am unable to do anything with the
cluster. For instance, when I try to query the machines, it times out:

etcdctl --debug=true ls /_etcd/machines --recursive
Cluster-Peers: http://10.0.1.45:4001 http://10.0.1.45:4001 http://10.0.1.45:4001 http://10.0.1.45:4001

Curl-Example: curl -X GET http://10.0.1.45:4001/v2/keys/_etcd/machines?consistent=true&recursive=true&sorted=false

Perhaps someone can tell me what I am missing?

Andrei