cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "Amin Samir" <amin.sa...@opencloud.net.au>
Subject RE: Expand LV over 2TB CS 4.3.1 & Xenserver 6.2
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2015 01:31:57 GMT
Hi Peter,

We have one xen server with 6 TB local LVM that is recognized by CS 4.3.1,
You will need to modify the storage.max.volume.size in global settings to be
able to create volumes more than 1 TB, when add the host / hypervisor to CS
it will show its local storage in primary storage, however you will have to
create a compute & disk offering that uses local disk storage.

-----Original Message-----
From: Erdősi Péter [mailto:fazy@niif.hu]
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2014 7:28 AM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Expand LV over 2TB CS 4.3.1 & Xenserver 6.2

Hi there!

I want to expand one of my LV-s to 22TB. I know about Xenserver limit, and
it's does not work now but I had already succesfully expand LV-s over 10TB
on native Xenserver 6.2 in command line, and it's works fine over a year.
Actually I want to know, what will be happen, if I do it under CS's nodes.
Is the CS management server recognize new storage size, or may need to
upgrade the database too?

Are there anyone, who faced with this problem, and have experience?

Thanks,
  Peter