cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Abhinandan Prateek <abhinandan.prat...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: Migration from vCloud to CloudStack
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2015 04:19:17 GMT
Migrating couple of VMs should be doable. AFAIK there is no automated way of migrating from
vCLoud to cloudstack though several companies have done it successfully.
It is a manual process. You need to backup your VMs, create templates from their snapshots
and import these to your cloudstack installation.
Everything else like network, custom network rules, snapshot schedule etc need to be recreated
in cloudstack.

-abhi

> On 08-Jan-2015, at 8:34 pm, prashant priyam <prashant_priyam@outlook.com> wrote:
>
> Dear CloudStack Users,
> I have a requirement of migrating couple of VMs running on vCloud with ESXi 5 to ApacheCloudStack
with ESXi 5.1
> Is this doable. How much downtime would it approximately require assuming a 20GB disk
for each VM.
> Could someone point me to the right direction. I can take it from there.
>
> With warm regards,Prashant Priyam(+91-8802955489)http://in.linkedin.com/in/prashantpriyam

ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.