cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Sonali Jadhav <son...@servercentralen.se>
Subject RE: Help! cant perform any operation on VMs
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2015 11:52:40 GMT
Super thanks. After reboot of VR it seemed to help. I am able to start VMs now.

My CloudStack version is 4.4.2.
And if I check Version of Virtual router its 4.4.1. How come? So it's trying to update VR,
But cant ? What can be issue?
To cross check I made new VR, and version of that was also 4.4.1.

What is the meaning of zone in avoid set?

And where is cleanup option?

This was weird it happened suddenly. Any idea what could have caused this?

/Sonali

-----Original Message-----
From: Geoff Higginbottom [mailto:geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com]
Sent: Friday, January 16, 2015 3:42 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: RE: Help! cant perform any operation on VMs

Sonali,

As well as updating the DB did you stop then start the VR (note a simple restart may not work,
you must stop and start it)

A good test is to log into the VR and tail the messages log, then when you start a VM you
should see the DHCP log entries as it gets updated.

The attached log is indicating that CloudStack cannot update the VR.  It's also saying your
Zone is in an avoid set.

The next step would be to restart the network and use the clean up option, this will destroy
the VR and create a new one.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with HA on your XenServer Cluster, but just in case it was not
setup correctly also try disabling HA on your Cluster etc

Regards

Geoff Higginbottom

geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com