cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Sanjeev Neelarapu <sanjeev.neelar...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: VM's not in host report...turning themselves off.
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2015 05:40:34 GMT
Hi Dave,

If the CS does not find the vm in the power report(vm states) it gets from the hypervisor
then we see those messages in the log.

-Sanjeev

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Dunaway [mailto:dave.dunaway@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, January 12, 2015 11:30 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: VM's not in host report...turning themselves off.

Anyone come across this log message:

-VM is now missing from host report but we detected that it might be migrated to other host
by vCenter

In our case we had a host recently go into maintenance mode with asyncjobs left running for
VM's on that host. We set the asyncjobs to 'Done' and the machine boots but then gets turned
off again 5 mins later. The log keeps on mentionning this "host report" but I can't find any
reference to it anywhere.

Anyone experience this before or have an idea of what might be going on?

Thanks!

Dave.