cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Sanjeev Neelarapu <sanjeev.neelar...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: problem using own shared network offering
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2015 05:28:14 GMT
Hi Stephan,

ACS 4.4.2 does not support external DHCP server.

-Sanjeev

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephan Seitz [mailto:s.seitz@secretresearchfacility.com]
Sent: Friday, January 09, 2015 6:25 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: problem using own shared network offering

Hi all,

I'm trying to connect external, non-ACS hosts to particular VM's (running in advanced Zone
on 4.4.2).
What I've done:
- adding Hosts on a tagged VLAN at switch-layer
- creating a new "shared" guestnetwork w/ given VLAN id Here a ran into trouble due to DHCP.
One of that external hosts is (and needs to be) a DHCP/TFTP. An ACS Router also answered to
DHCP requests which it shoudn't...
So i went further:
- deleting that new shared guestnetwork
- adding a "shared Network Without DHCP Service" NetworkOffering
- trying to create that new "shared" network w/ given VLAN id w/ my own offering. <-- I'm
unable to select other Offerings than the default shared and "quickcloud".
I'm stuck here. Could someone please shed some light why I can't introduce own shared NetworkOfferings?

Goal is:
That existing DHCP/TFTP should be able to kickstart baremetal hosts (as it does since a while)
and additionally particular ACS VM's on that network.

Any tips really appreciated!

- Stephan